Monday, February 28, 2011

Farpoint Convention


On February 19, 2011 I went to the Farpoint Convention in Timonium MD. It was such a nice, laid back convention. The guests, which included Tahmoh Penniket, Laurie Holden and Bonita Friedericy could be found in the atrium signing autographs throughout the day. They were all very fan friendly and allowed pictures to be taken with them.

I attended the panels for both Tahmoh and Laurie and they were awesome. I just recently watched Battlestar Galactica for the first time, and am also totally hooked on The Walking Dead. So the guests were right up my alley!  I am sorry I missed Bonita's panel.  I heard it was a hoot.  She called her husband, John Billingsly who was home sick apparently.  I would have loved to have heard that phone call!

It was also nice to visit with my geek friends. I learned and played Pirate Fluxx although I wasn't very good at it! Farpoint was so much fun. I definitely plan to attend next year.

No comments: