Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I won a very cool Ebay Auction


I saw this auction on ebay to meet Alan Ball and visit the sets of HBO's True Blood. This was something that I would love to do. I watched the auction and had in my mind a set limit of what I was willing to pay. A fury of bids were placed in the last few hours of the auction. I waited until about 4 minutes before the auction went off and placed a bid. My heart was pounding in my chest with anticaption of winning, and the horror of actually bidding that much money to win this. No airfare or hotel room was included.

To my surprise, I won the auction. I called my sister minutes after I won the auction and invited her to go with me to L.A. A week or so after the auction I heard from Alan Ball's assistant and we exchanged email information. I forwarded to her dates that worked for us to fly to L.A. Fortunately, our dates work for Alan Ball, so look for me to blog about my visit to the sets of True Blood and meeting Alan Ball in the not too distant future!

Meeting Alan Ball is going to be fantastic. Now, if I can meet Stephen Moyer as well, I'll be the happiest fang girl in the world! We shall see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! How exciting, the trip of a lifetime! Hope you get to meet Stephen and Anna! Love your cat too .
I also have a beautiful Maine coon.